Directory of animal rescue web sites mainly in the UK. Grouped by location and animal.
Let Google search this site for you.
section. In some cases it's a bit difficult to decide whether a site should be in UK Wildlife or on this page. Check them both.
- Animals in need (northamptonshire): http://www.animals-in-need.org: rescue organisation for wildlife,and all small animals covering northamptonshire area
- Berwick Swan
& Wildlife Trust (Berwick upon Tweed)
of all kinds of wildlife (This is a really elegant web site - like a
swan I suppose)
- Blyth Wildlife Rescue: Blyth, Northumberland: http://www.blythwildliferescue.co.uk A small establishment which aims to provide are for wildlife in the Northumberland region. We also provide any information regarding wildlife via phone, email and our website. We also have links with local veterinary centres and other wildlife recuers, to ensure that every wild animal recieves the care that is required, in whatever circumstances and in any area of Northumberland.
- Brent lodge wildlife hospital: Chichester west Sussex: www.brentlodge.org: Brent lodge wildlife care for over 3,000 patients a year. From sparrows, swans, hedgehogs, deer and all other British wildlife .based in Sidlesham west Sussex
- Cetacean Research
& Rescue Unit (CRRU): Scotland: http://www.crru.org.uk:
Operates the only full time specialist whale and dolphin rescue team
- The Folly Wildlife
Rescue Trust: Tunbridge Wells, Kent: http://www.follywildliferescue.org.uk:
Rescue UK wildlife,birds,
mammals, badgers,hedgehogsfoxes, hand-rear birds, mammals in West Kent
- East Sussex Wildlife
Rescue & Ambulance Service http://www.wildlifeambulance.org
an emergency service for wildlife in need across the county of East
- The Fox Project http://www.foxproject.org.uk
charity dedicated to the protection, rescue, and advocacy for the wild
fox. It operates in S.E. England, in the Kent, Surrey, and Sussex and
S. London areas. As well as speaking up for the fox, it provides
rescue for injured and abandoned foxes and works closely with volunteers
and wildlife to provide for their care and rehabilitation back into
- Foxy Lodge Wildlife Rescue (All Wildlife): Great Yarmouth, Norfolk: http://foxylodge.yolasite.com Rescue all wildlife, rehabilitate and release in the Hemsby Great Yarmouth area.
- Gentleshaw Bird
of Prey and Wildlife Centre: Eccleshall, Staffordshire: http://www.gentleshawwildlife.co.uk: Treatment/rehabilitation/release
of wild injured birds of prey, rescue of captive bred birds of prey,
monkeys, big cats, reptiles and exotic species.
Wildlife Rescue Centre: Hartpury, Gloucestershire: This centre is no longer operating. All calls/enquiries that would have been handled by this charity are now handled by Oak and Furrows Wildlife Rescue Centre. http://www.oandf.co.uk
- Harper Asprey Wildlife Rescue: camberley in Surrey; www.harperaspreywildliferescue.co.ukTreats and cares for sick wildlife and rehabilitates to release back into the wild. Accommodation for various wildlife but specializes in Hedgehogs, Otters, Badgers and Foxes.
- HART Wildlife
Rescue: Overton, Hampshire: http://www.hartwildlife.org.uk:
Wildlife Rescue cares for sick, injured and abandoned wildlife. Our
main objective is to return all our patients to the wild as soon as
they are fit and strong enough to fend for themselves. Based at Dellands,
in Overton, it is the only wildlife care centre in Hampshire.
- Help Wildlife: National Organisation: http://www.helpwildlife.co.uk: Detailed advice about when and how to help injured and orphaned wildlife and UK wide listings of wildlife rescue organisations
- Herefordshire Wildlife Rescue: Herefordshire, West Wales, Shropshire: http://sashanorris.co.uk: Dr Sasha Norris is a zoologist with lifelong experience of working with wildlife in many capacities.
- International Otter Survival Fund: Isle of Skye: http://www.otter.org: We specialise in otters and take in animals from all over Scotland and northern England. We can also provide help and advice for people outwith this area.based in the Warwickshire area dedicated to the rescue and release of wild animals.
- RSPCA Oak and Furrows Wildlife Rescue: Leigh, Wiltshire (was Oak and Furrows Wildlife Rescue)
:Oak & Furrows Wildlife Rescue Centre: : http://www.oandf.co.uk A non-profit making wildlife rescue and rehabilitation centre situated in the heart of the Cotswolds countryside. We treat and care for all injured and orphaned wildlife and return to the wild when ready. Registered Charity
- Scottish Wildlife
Working to protectwildlife and wild places for the future. Good links
- Secret World
(Highbridge, Somerset) www.secretworld.org We are here 8am to 8pm, 365 days a year to rescue sick, injured or orphaned wildlife. If you find an animal in need of urgent attention outside these hours please contact your nearest veterinary surgeon.
- South Essex
Wildlife Hospital: Orsett, Essex: http://www.southessexwildlife.org:
wildlife rescue and rehabilitation across South Essex and North Kent.
- Vale Wildlife Hospital and Rehabilitation Centre: Beckford (between Tewkesbury and Evesham, Gloucs): http://valewildlife.org.uk: A registered charity dedicated to the rescue, treatment and rehabilitation of sick, injured or orphaned British wildlife.
- The Wildlife Lodge: SE London: http://www.thewildlifelodge.co.uk: A wildlife rescue charity based in South-East London with the purpose of providing food, water, shelter and treatment to sick, injured, young or abandoned wildlife, particularly birds.
- Wildlife Rescue (Burton): Burton on Trent, staffordshire: http://www.freewebs.com/wildliferescueburton: small wildlife rescue. 24 hour emergency cover for all staffordshire and derbyshire wildlife. see website for contact numbers
- The Wildlife Haven: Thirsk, North Yorkshire: http://www.thewildlifehaven.co.uk/: Small family run wildlife rescue and rehabilitation centre. Takes in all wildlife. Site contains very useful advice on wildlife rescue.
Rescue and Rehabilitation centre: Thorrington Colechester Essex
for the treatment and rehabilitation of wild animals and birds.Rescue,
treat and hopefully go on to release everything from Bats to Barn
Owls, Hedgehogs to Herons.
- Wildlife Welfare: Stevenage, Hertfordshire: http://www.wildlifewelfare.org.uk: We care and rehabilitate most wild mammals and birds. Based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire. We DO NOT offer a collection and rescue service.
- Wolfwood: North Lancashire www.wolfwood.co.uk Devoted to the rescue and rehoming of the least wanted dogs from the area and recover orphaned, injured and displaced wildlife, give them sanctuary and nurture them back to health, in the hope that eventually they can be released