Directory of animal rescue web sites mainly in the UK. Grouped by location and animal.
Let Google search this site for you.
ANIMAL RESCUE CENTRES, ORGANISATIONS AND SHELTERS UK
Directory of animal rescue shelters and animal rescue centres operating throughout the UK. Including dog rescue centres, cat rescue centres and general animal sanctuaries and rehoming centres.
PS. Irish centres are here until there are enough entries for their own
Many more Local Centres and Re-homers can be found by following links
in the ANIMALS section.
- 7th Heaven Animal Rescue Trust: Mallusk, Northern Ireland: http://www.7thheaven.org.uk: We re-home unwanted and abandoned animals in Northern Ireland to suitable, dedicated owners. We do not charge. We have no paid staff. We rescue, care for and rehome the animals from our own home. We receive no government funding. We do, however, pay for all medical treatment whilst the animals are in our care and we cover the cost of vaccinations and neutering. We also provide ongoing advice to the new owners after the animals have been re-homed.
- Algernon Trust: Northamptonshire: http://www.algernontrust.org.uk: Rescue for cats, dogs and wildlife especially foxes. Re-homing centre for cats and dogs.
- All Creatures Great And Small: Cwmbran South Wales:http://allcreaturesgreatandsmall.org.uk: Set in Cwmbran South Wales, All Creautres charity prides itself on helping a wide variety of animals from rodents, birds, farm animals and domestic animals. We also work along side other local charities such as Cats Protection and City Wildlife to try and give people as much support as we can find their pets new homes or give needed care.
- C.A.R.A.(Coordination of Animal Rescue Agencies): National organisation - based Wales: http://www.cararescue.webs.com: rescuing all animals and encouraging rescues to work together.
- THE CAT SURVIVAL
TRUST (RARE LEOPARD SANCTUARY): THE CENTRE,CODICOTE ROAD WELWYN HERTS
- Celia Hammond
Animal Trust (neuter clinics and sanctuary)
- Ceredigion Animal Rescue & Education: West Wales: http://ceredigionanimalrescue.org.uk A newly formed charity using foster homes to rescue dogs, cats and small animals. Always looking for volunteers to help with fostering, homechecking and fund raising. Use conventional and natural health care including hydrotheraphy etc.
- CROSSKENNAN LANE ANIMAL SANCTUARY: ANTRIM, NORTHERN IRELAND: http://www.crosskennanlane.org.uk: Crosskennan Lane Animal Sanctuary (CLAS) primarily involved in rescue and rehabilitation of horses and ponies in Northern Ireland. Also give sanctuary to a number of cats and dogs. Welfare of animals and education of those involved in equine world of most importance.
- Forget-me-not Animal Rescue: National: http://www.forgetmenotanimalrescue.org.uk: We will rescue any animal from any situation; from wild to farm, domestic to exotic. We will try and help take the animal in need to a local reputable sanctuary if there is one close by - we work well with other sanctuaries around the U.K.
- Friends of Animals
Rescue Centre: Mullingar, Co. Westmeath, ireland: http://www.friendsofanimalsmullingar.com:
rescue all animals/birds from wild, domestic environment - and rehome
where possible. The rest stay 'till they die - we don't put unwanted
animals to sleep.
- Galway SPCA: Galway, Ireland: http://www.galway-spca.com/: We provide food and shelter for unwanted or stray animals and find homes for them. We operate a no-kill policy. Web site has videos of dogs looking for new homes.
- Mid Antrim Animal
Sanctuary: Antrim, Co Antrim, Northern Ireland: http://www.midantrimanimalsanctuary.org.:
Animal Sanctuary based in Antrim, NI - caring for and rehoming abandoned
and neglected dogs, cats and other small animals across Northern Ireland
- The Monkey Sanctuary:
a colony of Woolly monkeys rescued from the pet trade in the 50;s and
60;s. Since 2001 The Monkey Sanctuary has brought rescued ex pet capuchins
to live at the Sanctuary in order to give them a better life.
- National Animal Welfare Trust: http://www.nawt.org.uk/headquarters/index.asp: Founded in 1971 the Trust is now one of the top 10 animal rescue and re-homing charities in England, and runs 5 rescue & re-homing centres across the country. Centres are located in Watford, Berkshire, Essex, Somerset and Cornwall. The Trust is Home to a surprisingly wide variety of animals primarily dogs and cats but farm animals, horses and donkeys, ducks, poultry and small domestic pets too.
- Northern Ireland Animal Rescue: http://northernirelandanimalrescue.webs.com/ Rescue dogs,cats, rabbits, birds and all other kinds of animals. Also promote several animal welfare campaigns, such as neutering to help reduce the number of unwanted animals in Northern Ireland.
- Pet Rescue UK http://www.pet-rescue.org.uk Pet Rescue UK is a 'not for profit' small animal rescue group and completely self-funded. Since Pet Rescue UK do not have their own premises as such and are limited to the amount of animals taken in, all the animals that have come into the care of Pet Rescue UK were placed into a foster carers home where animals are more easily assessed.
- Rainbow Rehoming
Centre: Derry, Northern Ireland, Northwest of Ireland: http://www.rainbowrehoming.com
for dogs and cats, kittens and pups that have been abandoned or are
stray. The animal shelter is located in Co. Derry, Northern Ireland,
only 7 miles from the city but provides a valuable and caring service
for animal and animal lovers across the North West region of Ireland.
- Rosedene Rescue: Rushall, Walsall, West Midlands: http://www.rosedenerescue.webs.com/ A self-funding organisation that takes in stray dogs from the Dudley, Sandwell and surrounding areas.
- Soft Landing Animal Aid Association: National outreach, based in East Midlands: http://www.softlanding.org.uk: Sanctuary, care & rehoming for any animal in need: specialising in parrots & similar, owls, domestic birds. Advice always available especially to help keep animal with its carer. Specialist knowledge of African Greys and also PBFD. Can refer to specialist resources for reptiles, amphibians, arachnids, canines, felines. Recognised as a Charity by HMRC.
- Wood Green Animal