Directory of animal rescue web sites mainly in the UK. Grouped by location and animal.
Let Google search this site for you.
- Bournemouth Bird Rescue: http://bournemouthbirdrescue.webs.com/ Take in garden birds and rear, rehabilitate and release them whenever possible.
- British Trust
for Ornithology: www.birdcare.com Census
work. Members record birds
- Corio raptor care: high bentham north yorkshire: http://www.raptor.org.uk: rescue and rehab centre near lancaster for birds of prey, eagles, owls
- Denbighshire Avian & Wildlife rescue: Bodelwyddan Denbighshire: http://www.denbighshire-avian-rescue-centre.com Now doing wildlife rescue aswell as avian rescue For help in the rescue of birds or british wildlife
- Durham County Wildlife Rescue (DCWR): Houghton le Spring: http://www.durhamcountywildliferescue.co.uk DCWR is available 24 hours a day for the rescue, rehabilitation and release of sick, injured and orphaned Owls and Birds of Prey.
- International Centre for Birds of Prey: Newent, Gloucestershire: http://www.icbp.org
- National Gull Rescue and Protection: Eastbourne: http://www.seagullrescue.co.uk: A volunteer group that protect and rescue injured and sick Gulls. At our hospital we provide round the clock care to the many injured birds that are handed in by members of the public and veterinary clinics as well as raising birds that have had the misfortune to fall from their nests or been illegally disturbed by building work. This takes time, money and dedicated care and we desperately need your help.... ...as do the birds.
- Hedgehog and Garden Birds Rescue: Staffordshire/West Midlands: http://www.hgbr.co.uk Rescue and rehabilitate injured, wounded, ill or orphaned wildlife, Birds, Hedgehogs. We offer advice on wildlife
- Help Wildlife: National Organisation: http://www.helpwildlife.co.uk: Detailed advice about when and how to help injured and orphaned wildlife and UK wide listings of wildlife rescue organisations
- Mousehole Wild
Bird Hospital (Cornwall) www.chycor.co.uk/mousehole-sanctuary Accepts
any bird in need of care. Treats 1500 birds per year
- North Wales Bird
Trust: Llandudno. North |Wales: http://www.northwalesbirdtrust.co.uk: Rehabilitation
Centre for Birds of Prey & Tropical birds. Registered Charity.
- Pugneys Swan
& Wildlife Sanctuary: Wakefield, West Yorkshire: http://members.madasafish.com/~nickirobson/: Has
cared for injured swans, squirrels, foxes, owls, birds of prey etc since
- Raptor Rescue:
National Organisation: http://www.raptorrescue.org.uk: An organisation
dedicated to ensuring that all sick and injured birds of prey are cared
for by qualified persons, and that whenever possible, they are released
back into the wild.
- Safewings Ilsham,
Northants: http://www.uksafari.com/safewings Full time
bird rescue, involved in breed and release schemes. Safewings set up
the very first wild bird veterinary fund solely for the purpose of treating
injured wild birds. Not open to the public, not a charity, work is self
funded and covers a wide area in regard to bird rescue.
- SCA The Society for Conservation in Aviculture: http://www.thesca.org.uk Advice concerning: - Rehoming - Health and husbandry - Conservation issues
- Serenity Animal Rescue Centre: Worcester: http://serenity-animal-rescue.co.uk: All types of Poultry, Waterfowl and small mamals
- South Devon Seabird Trust: Devon: http://seabirdtrust.co.uk: rescue & rehabilitation of oiled seabirds.
- Three Owls Bird Sanctuary & Reserve: Rochdale, Lancashire: www.threeowls.co.uk: Founded in 1962. Very experienced in all forms of wild bird care and rehabilitation. Has fully-manned Helpline service and 5-acre established nature reserve with ponds and mature trees. Former wild bird hospital now specialising in information and conservation facilities. Regularly updated detailed website.
- The Wildlife Lodge: SE London: http://www.thewildlifelodge.co.uk: A wildlife rescue charity based in South-East London with the purpose of providing food, water, shelter and treatment to sick, injured, young or abandoned wildlife, particularly birds.
- Wild Wings Birds of Prey: Worsley Manchester: http://www.wild-wings.net Not for Profit Organisation. Centre open to the public. Owls Hawks Falcons Eagles and Black Vulture. Experience Days, Educational Visits etc.
- Wing and a Prayer Wild Bird and Owl Haven: Norfolk: http://www.wingandaprayerhaven.org.uk: A non profit, private sanctuary taking in wild birds, owls and other wildlife
- Wings of Freedom: Berkshire and National : http://www.wings-of-freedom.org.uk: Owl and Bird of prey 24 hour rescue call out, also rehabilitation and conservation of all raptors.