Directory of animal rescue web sites mainly in the UK. Grouped by location and animal.
Let Google search this site for you.
ANIMAL RESCUE CENTRES AND SHELTERS IN NORTHERN UK
Directory of animal rescue shelters and animal rescue centres in Northern UK. Including dog rescue centres, cat rescue centres and general animal sanctuaries, rehoming and adoption centres.
- Abandoned Animals Association: Prestatyn, North Wales: http://www.abandonedanimals.org.uk
comments: Based in Prestatyn, North Wales, the Abandoned Animals Association consists of a dedicated group of people committed to the long-term care and rehoming of unwanted and unloved animals.
- Altrincham Cheshire Branch of the RSPCA: http://www.rspca-altrincham-cheshire.org.uk/ A special registered charity, receive no state aid and are responsible for raising the funds needed by the branch to support their work. Work closely with the Inspectors providing direct animal welfare services covering Altrincham, Hale, Timperley, Partington, Sale, Kutsford and Northwich.
Care Morecambe, Lancaster & District: http://www.animalcare-lancaster.co.uk Animal
Care, a charity local to Morecambe, Lancaster and district that re-homes
dogs, cats, and miscellaneous small animals
- Animals in Distress
sanctuary in Lancashire dedicated to the well being of all kinds of
- Animals In Need: Liverpool - Merseyside: http://www.animals-in-need.co.uk Based in the melling area of Liverpool, Rescue and rehome all types of animals, mostly, dogs, cats rabbits etc and always have plenty of pets in need of homes.
- ANIMAL RESCUE CUMBRIA (The Wainwright Shelter): Kapellan, Grayrigg, Near Kendal, Cumbria: http://www.animalrescuecumbria.co.uk: Shelter for stray and unwanted cats and dogs made possible by well known walker/writer Alfred Wainwright from the royalties from sales of his books.
- Argyll Animal
Aid (Oban - Scotland) http://www.smallpaws.co.uk
all kinds of animals from the islands and mainland. A lovely little
web site - visit!
- Ark on the Edge: Woodland Co. Durham: http://www.arkontheedge.org.uk: Rescue/sanctuary and Wildlife Education Centre. Teaching centre for animal care courses. No kill policy, takes any animal wild or domestic providing we have room and expertise to look after correctly.
- Barnsley and District Animal Welfare: http://badaw.org: Rescues & rehomes dogs in South Yorks and West Yorks area. Registered Charity.
- Bleakholt Animal
very nice site with details of animals available for re-homing. Kid's
page (For Children - not young goats)
- Borders Animal Welfare Association: Earlston, Scottish Borders: http://www.bawa.org.uk Cares for unwanted cats, dogs, and small animals. Also care for and rehabilitate wildlife
- Bradford and
District RSPCA : West Yorkshire:
branch of the national RSPCA, providing animal re-homing and veterinary
services in and around Bradford, West Yorkshire
- Brumley Brae Kennels: Elgin, Moray: http://www.brumleybrae.co.uk: We re-home rescue, unwanted or abandoned dogs found by the Police and Dog Warden in Moray (IV30) area.
- Chesterfield & North Derbyshire Branch RSPCA http://www.chesterfield-rspca.org.uk They are an animal shelter that take in unwanted animals and rehome them.
- Claws'n'Paws Hartlepool: Hartlepool: http://www.clawsnpawsarc.com: Volunteer Organisation which is a Regd. Charity assisting the fostering, adopting, rehoming and rehab of small domestic and wild birds and animals that are injured, abused, sick or homeless. Working towards opening a new shelter for our area by 2018. Currently providing advice and signposting services
- Capricorn Animal Resuce: North Wales & North West: http://www.capricornrescue.org: We rescue and rehome Dogs, Cats, Rabbits, Ferrets, Rodents and Wildlife
- Destitute Animal
Centre (Bolton) www.animalshelter.org.uk
centre re-homes approx 2000 dogs and cats every year and has a non-destruct
policy. Very informative and entertaining site. Vets pages, homes wanted,
success stories etc.
- Dumfries and Galloway Canine Rescue Centre: http://www.caninerescue.co.uk An independant charity that rescues and rehomes unwanted and stray dogs. We neuter, vaccinate, chip and homecheck for all our dogs. We have a non-destruction policy, and are members of the Association of Dogs and Cats Homes.
- Eden Animal Rescue: Shap, Cumbria: http://edenanimalrescue.org.uk A small charity providing care and attention for animals in need, mainly dogs, cats and small mammals.
- Ella Street Sanctuary: Hull: http://www.theellastreetsanctuary.org/: The Sanctuary was founded in 2012 and has provided shelter, medical care, training and new homes for a variety of animals including dogs, cats, chickens, hamsters and guinea pigs.
- Ellesmere animal rescue: Letterston Pembrokeshire South Wales: http://freewebs.com/ellesmerecatspembrokeshire Rescue rehabilitate & rehome kittens cats animals unwanted pets
- Farplace Animal
Rescue Co. Durham http://farplace.co.uk
Rescue farm and small animals (all except cats and dogs) and most animals
have permanent homes with us. No animal is ever put to sleep except
on a vet's advice where it would be cruel to do otherwise.
- Fernwood Trust: Aberdeenshire: http://www.fernwoodtrust.org: Wildlife Rescue and Animal Sanctuary for domestic and farmed animals, Giving help and advice across North East Scotland and the UK.
- Freshfields Animal
Rescue Centre: Merseyside: http://www.freshfieldsrescue.org.uk:
Cats, Rabbits, Ferrets, Guinea Pigs, Birds, Wildlife, Horses, Ponies
and Farm Animals all cared for and rehomed.
In north Liverpool between Crosby and Formby.
- Halfpenny Farm animal sanctuary: aberdeenshire: http://www.halfpenny-farm.co.uk: 'a wee place in the country' that gives old, ill or animals at risk a second chance
- The Heaton Animal Rescue Group: Stockport, Cheshire: http://www.tharg.org.uk: Cat rescue rehoming cats in the surrounding area
- Help Fife animals:
unwanted pets in the kingdom of Fife
- Hull Animal Welfare
Trust http://www.hullanimalwelfare.com/ The
Trust is dedicated to rescuing all kinds of animals. (Primarily cats
and dogs) Based at Southcave E.Yorks this charity is run totally by
volunteers and private fund raising.
- Kayshill Animal Sanctuary: West Auckland, County Durham: http://www.kayshill-sanctuary.com Provide safety and shelter for animals in need. Rehome, dogs, rabbits, cats and rodents and provide a permanent home if needed to pigs, donkeys, horses and a lot of other animals. Also where possbile help with resuce and rehabilitation of wildlife.
- Lancashire Cat
- Rescue Scottish Pets: National - Scotland: http://www.rescuescottishpets.co.uk: A site dedicated to helping rehome / rescue dogs, cats, all rodents and many other pets in Scotland. You will find pets from Shelters all over Scotland that are in need of rescue at Rescue Scottish Pets.
- RSPCA: Leeds,
Wakefield and Five Towns:
We rehome and rehabilitate cats, dogs and rabbits and provide animal
welfare support in the local community
- Macclesfield SE Cheshire and Buxton Branch - RSPCA: http://www.rspca-macclesfield.org.uk/: Cheshire Rehoming center for Cats and Dogs. We currently have many cats waiting for loving homes.
- Manchester & Salford RSPCA: http://www.rspca-manchesterandsalford.org.uk: RSPCA Manchester and Salford Branch rehome dogs, cats,rabbits and guinea pigs. We receive no funding from the national RSPCA or the government. As a small charity we do not have an animal centre, call us for more info.
- Merlin Animal Rescue: North Wales: http://www.merlinanimalrescue.co.uk/: We rehome over 200 animals a year, mainly dogs, although previously we have rehomed horses, cats, ferrets and snakes.
- Moor-view Rescue: Harrogate: http://www.moor-view.co.uk Urgently require loving homes for Bull mastiff,and german Shepherd dogs, other breeds are also sometimes available we try to rescue dogs most at risk.
- Morley Exotic Animal Rescue: West Yorkshire: http://www.morleyexoticanimalrescue.moonfruit.com: Exotic mammals, reptiles, snakes, spiders, birds, all rescued, rehabilitated and rehomed by a voluntary organisation
- Mossburn Animal
Centre: Dumfries and Galloway: http://www.mossburn.org
Rescue misused, abused,
unwanted and neglected animals and provide therapeutic work placements
for young people with physical and mental problems
- The New Arc: Aberdeenshire: http://www.thenewarc.org: The North East Wildlife & Animal Rescue Centre, just outside Ellon. Our motto is rescue, recuperate and rehome or release where appropriate. We can cater all forms of domestic, pets and wildlife. Please contact us if you have any animal queries and we will do our best to assist.
- North Clwyd Animal Rescue: North Wales: http://www.ncar.org.uk Take in strays and unwanted domestic animals from all over North Wales. Dogs, Cats, Rabbit and Guinea Pigs needing homes...
- Otterspool Animal
We are based at Chadkirk Kennels in Romiley near Stockport. Most animals
come to us with problems and experiences that they need to put behind
them. Usually with plenty of "TLC" and in the fullness of
time we overcome the problems and are able to re-home.
Farm Animal rescue: South West Scotland: http://www.freewebs.com/parkfarmanimal/
Rescue all animals from the Scotland area, although have been known
to take a few from England. You can donate or sponsor an animal from
- P.A.R.R.T -the
people's rescue and rehoming team : Northumberland and Tyne and Wear:
throughout Northumberland and Tyne and Wear area, helping to rehome
- Pawz for thought: Tyne and Wear: http://www.pawzforthought.org.uk A small but very active rescue charity. We have a number of rabbits and rodents always looking for homes, as well as cats and dogs.
- Pedigree Dog Rescue: lancashire: http://www.gmdogs.co.uk/PDG.aspx: Pedigree dog rescue have a no put down policy, all new owners vet checked, we have over 40yrs experience working with dogs.
- Pet Lovers on
you need to know about animal and pet care in Cumbria and Lancashire
- Pet Rehome: Bolton Lancashire: http://www.petrehome.org An animal charity dedicated to caring for the lost, stray and abandoned dogs and cats of the Bolton area. neuter every animal and find them a new loving home to start a new life.
- Petsearch: Lancaster & Morecambe: http://www.localpetsearch.org.uk: A register of lost & found pets
Muir of Ord, Nr. Inverness:
http://www.pet-tacular.co.uk: Pet-Tacular is a rescue centre for small animals, situated in the Highlands
of Scotland. We take in and re-home almost any caged animal, but we
unfortunately do not have facilities for dogs and cats. Pet-Tacular
also offers a free advice service and an animal hotel, the profits of
which go to the rescue centre.
- Rossendale Responsible Rescue: Rossendale Lancashire http://www.rossendaleresponsiblerescue.co.uk: Rehoming dogs , cats, small furries via foster throughout the rossendale valley and surrounding areas
- Royston Animal Welfare: Royston, Barnsley, Sth Yorks: http://www.roystonanimalwelfare.org/rescue: Royston Animal Welfare was established in 1997 and is run soley by volunteers. We care for dogs, cats and smaller animals such as rabbits and guinea pigs.
- RSPCA Halifax, Huddersfield and District: West Yorkshire: http://www.rspca-halifaxandhuddersfield.org.uk: Our Branch rehomes Dogs, Cats, Rabbits, Ferrets, guinea pigs and various other small animals in the Halifax, Huddersfield and West Yorkshire area.
- RSPCA (Macclesfield,
SE Cheshire & Buxton) branch: Cheshire & Derbyshire: http://www.rspca-macclesfield.org.uk:
Care and rehoming of neglected and abandoned local animals.
- RSPCA West Gwynedd
Assist with veterinary
costs for neutering and treatment of animals (mostly cats & dogs)where
owners are on State benefits. We also run a small cat rehoming centre.
- RSPCA Sunderland & District: Tyne & Wear; www.sunderland-rspca.org.uk Dogs and cats in need of adoption. dogs are mostly kept at the Newcastle kennels and the cats at Durham.
- R.S.P.C.A. Tameside
& Glossop Branch: www.rspca-tameside-glossop.org.uk
Small band of dedicated volunteers who raise funds to pay for the private
boarding of animals to be rehomed. Also work with local veterinary surgeons
to ensure that needy owners can obtain urgent veterinary care for their
- RSPCA Wirral
Animal Centre: Northwest, Wirral: http://www.rspcawirral.org.uk:
Centres, rescue, dogs, cats, wirral, northwest, cheshire, puppies, kittens,
animal welfare: Barnsley,south yorkshire: www.roystonanimalwelfare.org/rescue:
Reg.charity rescues and rehomes dogs, cats and
all small pets in south and west yorkshire
- Scottish Animal Welfare: Scotland: http://www.scottishanimalwelfare.org.uk: Scottish Animal Welfare is Scotland's only 24 hour animal welfare organisation. We are a not for profit organisation and will respond accordingly in the event an animal has been injured, is in distress or has been abandoned - wild or domestic.
- Sheffield Dog Rescue: Sheffield, Yorkshire: http://www.sheffield-dog-rescue.org.uk/: Small local rescue centre in Sheffield who rehome mainly stray dogs,abandoned dogs and dogs in distress. We work closely with the North East Derbyshire dog wardens based in Chesterfield. Dogs are chipped,vaccinated,wormed and neutered before rehoming,we offer life long support and rescue back up.
- Society for Abandoned Animals: Stretford, Manchester: http://www.saarescue.co.uk
comments: The Society for Abandoned Animals is a local animal charity who care for and rehome unwanted cats and rabbits.
- St. Francis Animal Rescue: Tyne and Wear: http://www.stfrancisanimalrescue.co.uk: St Francis' Animal Rescue continues to help by trying to educate, giving advice and practical help. We help all animals, cats, dogs etc. find a new home through adoption and other services.
- Stilesmeadow Dog Sanctuary: Bosley, near Macclesfield and Congleton, Cheshire: http://www.stilesmeadow.co.uk: Stilesmeadow is situated at Bosley near Congleton and Macclesfield, Cheshire, and is dedicated to rehoming rescue dogs.
- Stray-aid: Durham, County Durham: http://www.strayaid.co.uk Dedicated to the welfare of stray dogs and cats.
- Sue's Ark (North
West England) http://suesark.freeservers.com/index.htm
A personal web site. Visit it and be inspired to do your own.
- Sunderland Animal Adoption: http://www.sunderlandanimaladoption.org.uk An independent organisation dedicated to finding excellent homes for rescued animals in the Sunderland, South Tyneside and Durham areas
- Takarai Animal Rescue: Ayrshire, Scotland: http://www.sites.google.com/site/takaraianimalservices/takarai-rescue: All animals taken, never kenneled. Fully vetted homes waiting. Kilmarnock, East Ayrshire. Dog and Cat Rescue.
- Thornberry Animal
Sanctuary: South Yorkshire www.thornberry-animal-sanctuary.org Rescue,
care for and rehome dogs, cats, rabbits, horses etc. Non-destruction
policy. Regularly updating the site with pictures of animals for rehoming
- Wetheriggs Animal Rescue Centre: Penrith, Cumbria: http://www.wetheriggsanimalrescue.co.uk: National Animal Rescue specialising in Exotic, Farm and Zoo Animals (everything Except domestic Cats & Dogs). Homes Given.
- Willows Animal
Sanctuary: North East Scotland: http://www.willowsanimals.com
a lifelong home for rescued horses, and other animals and animal - assisted
therapy for vulnerable people.
- Windyway Trust,
to the rescue of dogs, cats, Rabbits, Ponies.
- Wolfwood: North Lancashire www.wolfwood.co.uk Devoted to the rescue and rehoming of the least wanted dogs from the area and recover orphaned, injured and displaced wildlife, give them sanctuary and nurture them back to health, in the hope that eventually they can be released
- Yorkshire Animal
Shelter: LEEDS W.Yorkshire: http://www.yorkshireanimalshelter.org.uk
Rescue cats,rabbits,all small animals, farm animals and hopefully dogs