Directory of animal rescue web sites mainly in the UK. Grouped by location and animal.
Let Google search this site for you.
Hen and Chicken Rescues
Directory of Hen and Chicken Rescues in the UK. Mainly places that rescue and rehome battery hens. These are good places to start if you are thinking of getting any chickens, most battery hens have lots of life left if they are given the chance. They also tend to be good egg layers.
- British Hen Welfare Trust (BHWT): National Organisation: http://www.bhwt.org.uk: Regular hen rescue and rehoming days, teams throughout the UK. Free advice on hen care, news on free range campaigns, web shop, registered charity.
- Cambridgeshire Hen Rescue: March, Cambridgeshire: http://www.cambshenrescue.com Rehome ex-battery hens, caged birds, and farm birds. Cover Cambridgeshire, Lincolnshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and surrounding areas.
- Ex Battery Hens: http://www.freewebs.com/exbatteryhens: A website about some battery hens that were due to be slaughtered before we adopted them as pets. Come and see how they are doing now!
- Ex Battery Hens Forum: http://www.exbatteryhens.com For people interested in Ex-Battery hens, hen rescues and rehoming Battery Hens
- Ex Battery Hen Forum http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Ex-Battery-Hen-Forum/: Forum for anyone wishing to rehome ex battery hens and offering advice and answering questions for people who've already rehomed these lovely pets.
- Fresh Start for Hens: National Organisation: http://fsfh.org.uk: Fresh start for hens is a not for profit organisation run solely by volunteers to rescue ex-commercial laying hens at 72 weeks old, before they go for slaughter. Re-homers around the county offer these lucky girls a loving retirement home for the rest of their days.
- Lincs Little Hens: Lincolnshire: http://www.lincslittlehens.co.uk: Working in conjunction with Norwich based Little Hen Rescue and giving a Lincolnshire rehoming point to anyone wanting to give a home to retired battery or barn hens who suffer terrible cruelty in the commercial egg producing farms. These hens make lovely pets and still lay eggs.
- Little hen rescue: Norfolk: http://www.littlehenrescue.co.uk
- LuckyHens Rescue Northwest: http://www.luckyhensrescuenorthwest.weebly.com Re-home Ex caged / Barn Hen to families as pets. Lancashire,North West, Wigan, Battery Hens,
- Rescue Hens: Frodsham: http://www.rescuehens.co.uk Rehome retiring hens from barn egg production, saving them from the pot! The hens are all fully vaccinated and we give you full support before and after rehoming. Most of the birds are Warrens or Hylines.