Directory of animal rescue web sites mainly in the UK. Grouped by location and animal.
Let Google search this site for you.
ANIMAL RESCUE CENTRES AND SHELTERS IN SOUTHERN UK
Directory of animal rescue shelters and animal rescue centres in Southern UK. Including dog rescue centres, cat rescue centres and general animal sanctuaries, rehoming and adoption centres.
- Ace K9 Rescue: Guildford, Surrey: http://www.ace-k9rescue.org.uk: Rescue for unclaimed strays all Neutered, Vaccinated and Micro-chipped, and Health checks done by vet, homes urgently needed, privately funded usually between 20 & 30 dogs in need of homes
- All Creatures
Great and Small: Cwmbran, South wales: http://www.allcreaturesgreatandsmall.org.uk:
of pets and rehabilitation of wildlife
- Alternative Sanctuary:
Pepperstock, Luton, Beds: http://www.alternativesanctuary.co.uk
Been going for over twenty years and takes in ALL types of animals
- Animal Mission:
and advice on pets.No animal destroyed
- Animal Protection
Trust: Horley: http://www.horleyrescue.com:
& Dogs rescue in the Horley Gatwick area
- Animal Samaritans
in south-east London and north-west Kent and provide re-homing
of unwanted and ill-treated animals in these regions.
- Animals in Distress
(Torbay & West Country Devon) www.animalsindistress.uk.com
domestic animals in distress in Torbay & West Country.
- Animal Misssion:
Re-homing of dogs & cats.No animal destroyed.
- ANIMAL RESCUE
AND CARE: Richmond upon Thames: http://www.animalrescueandcare.org.uk
and re-home rabbits, guinea pigs, cats and occasionally dogs. A voluntary,
- Anim-mates: South East London and North West Kent: http://www.anim-mates.org.uk: Animal rescue and care in south-east London and north-west Kent. A voluntary, registered charity.
- B.A.R.K.S Banbury Animal Rescue & Kindness Service: Banbury & surrounding area: http://www.barks.org.uk : Small, volunteer run rescue & re-homing organisation. Cats, kittens, rabbits & guinea pigs. Reg. charity no: 1064556
- Battersea Dogs & Cats Home: London; Old Windsor (Berks); & Brands Hatch (Kent): http://www.dogshome.org: The mission of Battersea Dogs & Cats Home is to rescue, reunite, rehabilitate and rehome the lost and abandoned dogs and cats which come into its care.
- Bath Cats &
Dogs Home: http://www.bathcatsanddogshome.org.uk
One of the largest animal re-homing centres in the Country, with 135
dogs and approx 100 cats plus feral cat colony and other small animals
at any one time. Operates on a strict non-destruction policy and we
have been there for 65 years.
- The cat & rabbit rescue centre: west sussex: http://www.crrc.co.uk: Cat & rabbit rescue centre in Sidlesham, West Sussex. Rescue and Rehoming.
- Cheltenham Animal Shelter: Gloucestershire: http://www.gawa.org.uk Rescues and rehomes dogs, cats and other small animals in the Gloucestershire area.
- Cheltenham & East Gloucestershire RSPCA: http://www.rspca-cheltenhameastglos.org.uk/: Provides food, shelter and medical care for rescued animals until they can be found suitable new homes. We rehome dogs, cats, birds, rabbits and other small animals from our rehoming centre on the edge of Cheltenham in Gloucestershire.
- Chestnut Cat Sanctuary & Rescue Centre: Epping Essex: http://www.chestnutcatsanctuary.co.uk: Cat & kitten rescue centre based in Epping Essex. All come with neuter, vaccination, microchip & insurance. Open 7 days a week.Reg. Charity 1118075. Non profit Rescue Centre.
Dog Rescue Society: Chivery, Nr Tring, Herts: http://www.chilternsdogrescue.org.uk Takes in
and rehomes dogs from surrounding local areas and from Wales. No dog
- Cuddly Critters small animal and cat rescue: essex : http://cuddlycrittersrehoming.webs.com/ Rescue and rehome various animals. cats, rabbits, ferrets, birds and rodents. we neuter, vaccinate and health check them. we then find them suitable homes. we are a non profit no kill rescue
- Danaher Animal Home: Essex: http://www.rspcaessex.org.uk/: The Danaher Animal Home is an Independent Charity, affiliated to the RSPCA, but entirely self funding.
- Diana Brimblecombe
animal rescue centre: Hurst Berkshire: http://www.dbarc.org.uk:
moved to new site, re-homing and refuge for most animals and birds.
- Dorset Wildlife
24 hr Wildlife
Rescue for all mammals, owls and birds of prey. Specialists in foxes
- East Sussex Wildlife
Rescue & Ambulance Service http://www.wildlifeambulance.org Operates
an emergency service for wildlife in need across the county of East
- Enfield Dog Rescue: http://www.enfielddogrescue.co.uk A solely volunteer run rescue based in Enfield. Rehome dogs throughout London & the Home Counties. Usually always have dogs that are in need of loving homes.
- Ferne Animal
Sanctuary: Chard, Somerset:
Refuge for unwanted
agricultural and companion animals. dogs and cats are rehomed.our cattle,
donkeys, horses,goats,sheep,rabbits,guineapigs,chipmunks and chinchillas
stay here for life
- Foal Farm: BIGGIN HILL, KENT: http://www.foalfarm.org.uk: Foal Farm Animal Rescue Centre is based in Biggin Hill, Kent. Our aim is to take in as many sick, distressed and unwanted animals as possible and restore them to health and happiness. We rehome dogs, cats and small animals, all other animals we take in stay for the rest of their lives. We have a non-destruct policy so no healthy animal is every put to sleep
- Free at last - small pet & poultry rescue: Bedfordshire: http://www.freewebs.com/henrescue: ex-battery hen rescue - also rescue other poultry & all small pets - ferrets, rabbits, g.pigs, rodents, birds etc
- Freya Louise Brisley: Kent: http://freyalouisebrisley.webs.com/animalsforrehoming.htm: Behavioural Rescue, Rehoming and Rehabilitation
- Furry Friends animal Rescue: Surrey: http://www.furryfriendsrescue.btik.com: Home based rescue also using some kennels. Rehome dogs, cats and small animals. Based in Coulsdon near Croydon Surrey. Neuter, chip and vaccinate.
- Happy Endings Rescue: Kent: http://www.happyendingsrescue.org A no kill rescue group that offers care for life to any unwanted animal, and rehome where possible. Take in horses, donkeys, dogs, cats and farm animals.
- Holly Hedge Animal Sanctuary: Bristol: http://www.hollyhedge.org.uk: working in south bristol to provide shelter for dogs, cats and other small animals whilst attempting to rehome them
- Hopefield Animal
Sanctuary (Brentwood, Essex) www.hopefield.org.uk
sanctuary for the life long care of abused and unwanted animals
- Hornchurch Animal Rescue: Essex: http://www.hornchurchpetservices.co.uk: Rescue and rehoming primarily dogs, cats, rabbits and guinea pigs
- Hounslow Animal
Welfare Society location: Middx webaddress: http://www.haws-animals.org.uk
and other small animals looking for loving homes. Also, foster homes
urgently needed. Any help greatly received. Rehome unwanted and abandoned
- K9focus: North Devon: http://www.k9focus.co.uk: German Shepherd & Large Breed Rescue - rescuing abandoned and unwanted dogs throughout Devon & Cornwall and South West England.
- Kit Wilson Trust for Animal Welfare: Uckfield, East Sussex: http://www.kitwilsontrust.org.uk Rescue and rehome all animals and birds, mainly dogs and cats, have non-destruct policy, also rescue and rehabilitate wildlife - based Hadlow Down, Nr Uckfield, east Sussex
- Last Chance Animal
Rescue (Kent) www.lastchanceanimalrescue.co.uk
rescue dogs & cats but also home a selection of other creatures
all looking for loving homes. A nondestruct policy.
- LeadsOnRescueDogs: Dorchester Dorset: http://www.leadsonrescuedogs.vpweb.co.uk: SMALL RESCUE SERVICE RUN FROM HOME FOR LAST 20 YEARS,WORKING IN ASSOCIATION WITH DAWG CORK AND MANY LOCAL CENTERS.
- Little Creatures Rescue: Wiltshire: http://lcrescue.weebly.com/: A small animal rescue centre in wiltshire giving almost any animals a home, but primarily guinea pigs :)
- Margaret Green
Animal Rescue: Dorset & Devon: http://www.margaretgreenanimalrescue.org.uk
provides care for, and rehomes animals of all types through its two
sanctuaries in Dorset and one in Devon. Also provide a long term retirement
home for those animals for which rehoming is unsuitable or inappropriate.
- The Mayhew Animal
Home: London: http://www.mayhewanimalhome.org:
rehoming centre for all types of dogs, cats, rabbits and other small
animals in north west London. Also runs an education programme, international
ventures, community outreach and neutering programme. (One of the best
rescuers sites we have seen)
- Mid Kent RSPCA:
the welfare of local animals for over 100 years; cat and dog rescue,
rehoming, and adoption, pet clinic and events.
- Milton Keynes
& N. Bucks RSPCA: http://www.mkrspca.org.uk:
of stray and unwanted cats and rabbits in the Milton Keynes area.
- Mistley Park
Environmental & Rescue Centre (Manningtree, Essex) www.mistley.org.uk
the rescued animals including Pigs,Rabbits, Goats and many more.
Home to over 2,000 rescued animals and birds ranging in size from mice
to fancy rats up to Shire horses, most of which roam freely around
- Mutts In Distress:
Animal shelter located
on herts/essex border. Only
take in dogs from local pounds that would otherwise be distroyed and
offer these dogs for rehoming.
- National Animal
Sanctuary Support League (Bristol): http://www.nassl-sw.org.uk
to improve the lives and conditions for many charities around the South
West and Wales. Animal charity support, animal charity fundraising,
wales animal charities.
- National Animal
Welfare Trust: http://www.nawt.org.uk:
and re-homes abandoned, unwanted or ill-treated animals. Also runs the
first purpose built retirement centre for old animals.
- Newforest animal rescue: hampshire: http://www.freewebs.com/newforestanimalrescue Rescues illtreated/unwanted rabbits,small animals ,horses/ponies, a non-destruction policy unless on vets advice.
- North Devon Animal Ambulance: http://www.northdevonanimalambulance.co.uk/: 24 hour Emergency Animal Rescue service for domestic and wildlife in North Devon. Injured, distressed or animals in need are taken in and cared for. Domestic animals are rehomed - we have a list of animals for adoption, from guinea pigs, dogs, cats to horses! Registered Charity and run by volunteers. No animal is turned away and we will help in all capacities.
- Once Loved Dog Rescue: Devon: http://www.oncelovedrescue.org.uk: Once Loved Dog Rescue was set up to help provide care, shelter and permanent homes for unwanted and abandoned dogs. We are run entirely voluntarily. The areas we cover are primarily East Devon and West Somerset, as the rescue is based near Exeter, Devon. We will, however, consider rehoming to other areas.
- Parad-Ice Rescue:
Falmouth, Cornwall: http://Parad-ice-rescue.0me.com
A small private family
rescue can offer homes for unwanted animals. Cats and dogs will be put
on the register and suitable homes found. Birds will remain here as
part of the family.
- Paws Rescue Centre: Axminster Devon: http://www.pawsrescuecentre.com: Small dog rescue and rehoming centre taking in strays and unwanted dogs in Devon, Dorset and Somerset
- RATS - Rehoming Animal Telephone Service: Beds & Herts: http://www.rats-animalrescue.co.uk: Animal rehoming charity in Bedfordshire for dogs, cats, rabbits, guineas pigs and other small mammals.
- Raystede centre for animal welfare: Sussex: http://www.raystede.org: Animal sanctuary for equines and exotic, wild and domestic birds and rehoming centre for cats, dogs, rabbits and other small companion animals. Near Lewes, East Sussex.
- Rescue DB: Kent: http://www.rescuedb.com:
Cats looking for loving permanent homes in Kent
- Rescued Animals
In Need: Sevenoaks, Kent: http://www.rain.org.uk
and rehome of cats, dogs, and small pets in West Kent.
- Rescue Remedies: London and Surrounding Counties: http://www.rescueremedies.co.uk A home-based dog rescue helping unwanted and homeless dog find their forever homes.
- RSPCA Havering:
London Borough of Havering: http://RSPCAHavering.4t.com:
branch of the RSPCA for Havering. Responsible for insuring appropriate
care for animals and rehoming of pets in our area.
- RSPCA Llys Nini Animal Centre: Serving South
and West Wales: http://www.rspca-llysnini.org.uk:
A local animal centre trying to find dogs, cats
and other small animals and birds loving new homes. Volunteers welcome.
- RSPCA Southridge Animal Rescue and Rehoming Centre: Potters Bar, Herts: http://www.friendsofrspcasouthridge.org.uk A unique animal rescue and rehoming centre with the facilities to rescue many different species. Cats, dogs, horses, rabbits, hamsters, mice, gerbils, degus, chinchillas, aviary birds, poultry and livestock. It is a re-homing centre, not a sanctuary. Aim is to place every animal into new responsible, kind and caring homes.
- RSPCA WEST DORSET
cats, dogs and other small animals. Runs 'Taylor's Animal Rehoming Centre'
at Kingston Maurward in Dorchester
- Riverside Animal Centre: Wallington, Surrey: http://riversideanimalcentre.org: Rescue centre and hospital for all British Wildlife and also domestic pets. We care for over 4000 wild animals every year and now also care for stray and abandoned pets, including cats, rabbits, caged birds, dogs and guinea pigs
- Safe and Sound Animal Care: Hampshire / Surrey: http://www.ssanimalcare.co.uk: Rescue, rehabilitation and rehoming of all stray or unwanted animals and reptiles throughout the Blacwater Valley area. Also temporary fostering and general welfare / behavioural advice.
- S.C.A.M.P.S.: hampshire: http://www.scamps4straydogs.org works with Local Authorities in Hampshire to rehome stray dogs - trying to build a regional stray centre.
- second chance
society: southampton, hampshire: http://www.secondchanceanimalrescue.org.uk
charity siuated in southampton. it rehomes dogs,cats and a variety of
- Second Chance Dog Rescue: North Somerset: http://secondchancedog.wordpress.com/: A small devoted charity finding new homes for unwanted dogs near Weston super Mare
- SESAW Suffolk and Essex Small Animal Welfare: Leavenheath, Suffolk: http://sesaw.co.uk: Rescue and rehoming centre for any abandoned, injured or needy wild or domestic animal.
- Terrier Rescue: Richmond: http://www.terrierrescue.co.uk Special rescue for Fell/Patterdale Terriers and Lakeland & Irish Terriers. We help other terriers especially Jack Russells and Stafforshire Bulls. We actively help cross breeds, ex-kennel dogs or older dogs.
- STARescue: Berkshire, Hampshire, Wilts, BASINGSTOKE, READING: http://starescue.info: STARescue is a registered charity working in the Basingstoke and surrounding areas to rehome animals, ranging from cats and dogs to ferrets, rabbits, birds and any other small animal in need of care.
- St Francis Animal Welfare: Fair Oak. Eastleigh. Hampshire: http://st-francis-animal-welfare.co.uk: At St Francis we care for and rehome numerous animals including dogs, cats, rabbits, chickens, birds and small mammals who are in need of loving forever homes.
- Stubbington Ark
- RSPCA Animal Shelter: Stubbington, near Fareham, Hampshire: http://www.stubbingtonark.org.uk:
funded shelter with up to 120 dogs, 150 cats and dozens of small animals
needing homes at any one time.
- Somerset and dorset animal rescue: wincanton somerset: http://www.somersetanddorsetanimalrescue.co.uk Rehome stray dogs stray cats, are a horse sanctuary.
- Thames Valley
Animal Welfare: Berks; Bucks & Oxon: http://www.tvaw.org.uk
charity rescuing and rehoming unwanted cats and kittens mainly in the
Reading, Henley and Maidenhead areas.Help always needed with short-term
fostering of cats and kittens and with fundraising.
- Toad Hall Animal Sanctuary: Liphook: http://www.toadhallsanctuary.co.uk: Small animal sanctuary in Liphook Hampshire over 15 years experience in animal care, willing to take on any animal that needs a good home.
- Towerhill Stables
Animal Sanctuary (Asheldham, Essex) www.towerhillstables.com
private animal sanctuary providing care and a home to over 160 rescued
- Wagtails Rescue Essex: http://www.wagtails-rescue.co.uk: dog rescue rehoming throughout essex, please see website for current available dogs
- Wood Green Animal
Shelters(London, Herts and Cambs) : http://www.woodgreen.org.uk:
lost and unwanted animals and find secure,loving homes. Provide advice
and support to pet owners
- Wyre Forest Animal Trust: http://www.wfat.org.uk: Help for those on benefits to neuter their pets. Also re-home animals that have been abandoned or can no longer be lookeds after by their owners. Other aim is to take in sick and orphaned wildlife and to eventually release them back into the wild. Entirley run by volunteers